Member Spotlight
LATEST NEWS
Prompt Challenge!

Uzair
Many thanks for taking on the task of managing a SRA and giving us the fun of a Dragon Age-based RP!
We are OPEN for business! Welcome to interroBANG!
PC#2: Coming Soon

Keep your eyes on this spot for the latest PC?!
Rules !? Staff Info !? FAQs !? Awards !?

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) REPLY!? NEW TOPIC!? POLL!?

» Introduce Yourself!, Right. Now.
Ash
 Posted: Oct 27 2011, 08:32 PM
QUOTE!?

BEAST OF ALL SAINTS!
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Awards: None

Everyone introduce themselves to everyone else right this instant.

Okay, I'll go first.

My name is ASH, I'm from Seattle. After going to the Culinary Institute of America in New York, I'm recently graduated and back home. As we can expect, I'm very into cooking and food and food history and beverages, and I'll probably start ranting about these subjects with little to no prompting. It will probably be annoying, so just tell me to shut up and that you don't care about food.

I love all the normal things that people love (animals, books, art, music) and am otherwise a fairly average human.

Your turn.

GO.

PS: Add me on MSN (kidophaux@hotmail.com) and talk to me. If you don't have MSN... consider getting it D:?

--------------------
PM E-MAIL WWW ICQ AOL YIM MSN
^
Dun
 Posted: Oct 27 2011, 08:45 PM
QUOTE!?

Temptress Dun of the Wildlings
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

Buon giorno, all!

I'm Dun. If you've encountered a Dun while waltzing about the internet before, that was most likely me (for better or worse tongue.gif). I'm an art student at a university that I like quite a lot. I'm also a resident assistant, which makes me 'the other Mom' to a bunch of other students 'round these parts and requires me to be 'working' just about 24/7. I've been RPing for more years than I can count on one hand, and I've tried a good range of genres (gravitating toward fantasy and sci-fi stuff most frequently). I love to try new things in my writing, create unreasonably complex interpersonal relationships between characters, plot like a fiend, and write really tense situations. If you're looking to keep me engaged, let me write an argument or have my character have a sub-conversation in body language. I'm a sucker for that kinda stuff, though I do enjoy a bit of action here and there, too!

. . . also, I'm not Italian. I have Italian ancestry, but I'm actually one of those stupid Americans.

. . . and let it be known that I'm a total goober who makes up her own words and whatnot. Be not alarmed. If you can't comprehend my Dunisms at first, you'll figure them out very quickly. wink.gif

I look forward to writing with you soon!

PM AOL MSN
^
Lina
 Posted: Oct 28 2011, 07:31 AM
QUOTE!?

Group Icon

Group: New Members
Member No.: 4

Oh. Hi!

I'm Lina. I'm a 22-year-old girlie. I'm in the UK at the moment, studying to finish my Computer Science degree so I can call myself an Engineer! As a result, I'm a bit of a coding enthusiast.

Other than what I do for a living and for fun most of the time, I like drawing although I'm not nearly as created/talented as either Ash or Dun. Sometimes, I get to thinking that I'm somewhat alright at graphic design and give it a go, too. Movies and TV shows are something I spend most of my time with, because I'm that kind of a geek. And then... there's writing. happy.gif

Roleplaying's been a hobby for quite a few years now; I started to improve my abilities as a writer (which I still try to do) and to have fun in a more productive way than just browsing the 'net.

As to genres, I'm a great fan of fantasy and sci-fi, steampunk included. I've also tried loads of other genres. I have to say my most hated one is historical, mostly because I never find that I have enough knowledge about a particular area, and no matter how much I read, I don't feel like I've filled that gap.

Looking forward to RPing with y'all!
PM E-MAIL
^
Jeff
 Posted: Oct 28 2011, 10:46 AM
QUOTE!?

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: Old School Members
Member No.: 5

Hi.

I'm Jeff.

I'm a 19(almost20!)-year-old dude who has an obsession with stories. Of all kinds (books, short stories, movies, tv, comic books, poems [only some; most try too hard], video games [yes I most often play video games for the story, but I barely play any as is, so yeah], and mostly making my own). But I swear I sort of have a life, too. I'm going to college to be a... something. Probably an engineer, but then again, maybe not.

I'm also incredibly indecisive. About most things.

Um. I think that's it.

Yeah.
PM
^
Daemon
 Posted: Oct 28 2011, 08:47 PM
QUOTE!?

Group Icon

Member No.: 9

Erm. G'day, everyone.

I'm Daemon - you can just call me Dae if you like. I'm an eighteen-year-old guy from Australia. Almost finished my second year of university. Medical Science, majoring in Vision Science, will then complete a Masters in Optometry... beyond that I'd like to snag degrees in Medicine/Surgery as well. I'm in for a long ride.

I love science, but I equally love artsy things, music, and writing. Erh... I spent most of my childhood playing Pokemon, reading Harry Potter and learning piano. Literally. XD Only entered the roleplaying scene 'bout two and a half years ago. I've experimented in a lot of genres and plots - medieval fantasy, modern fantasy, real life, sci-fi and aliens, select fandoms, you name it - but in the end, I find I'm always limited by the fact that I really need to tailor my RPs to my characters - of which I have four mains (yeah, I don't really branch out much). Only very specific plots and settings seem to work for them... I just can't find boards that would be the right home for them. That's why I've joined here! Although my ideas aren't zany or unconventional... this is the sort of place they need to stretch their wings.

I live in one of the most quiet, laidback cities in the world. This is probably reflected in my attitude most of the time. I like to keep my head down and stay at the sidelines. My AIM/MSN details are in my profile, but I don't really tend to reach out for conversation and chatter because I'm painfully reticent and maybe my social skills are stunted. >_> I'll just go stand over there...
PM AOL MSN
^
Ash
 Posted: Oct 28 2011, 08:55 PM
QUOTE!?

BEAST OF ALL SAINTS!
Group Icon

Lina + Jeff, I'm ignoring your posts because I know and love you already. <3

DAE, glad to have you on board! I hope you have as fantastic a time on this board as I'm planning on having... which, as I'm sure you are aware, is a modest amount tailored by how responsible and mature I am. ANYONE WHO LAUGHED AT THAT SENTENCE IS DEAD TO ME.

Anyway, as much as you hate chattering, would you mind if we added you and occasionally bothered you from time to time?

You could tell us gory details about your schooling. I'm assuming there are many.

--------------------
^
Daemon
 Posted: Oct 28 2011, 10:03 PM
QUOTE!?

Group Icon

Member No.: 9

Thanks, Ash! I'm glad to be here. :]

Of course you can add me. <3 I'm an elusive creature, so it's a matter of 'catch me when you can', really. It's not that I dislike chatting - I'm just rather spartan with my words. It's also a matter of getting me to open up. But I do like complaining about my schooling...
PM AOL MSN
^
Aine
 Posted: Oct 29 2011, 03:48 PM
QUOTE!?

Group Icon

Member No.: 8

OHAI THAR!

I'm Aine (pronounced awn-ya, it's Irish). I'm 24, biologically female, but mentally gender flexible. I'm in the US of A on the east coast in college where I intend to get a degree in maybe animation. I don't know though because I fail and am a 24 year old freshman so I have time to figure that shit out!

Let's see... I'm a bibliophile in general but gravitate toward fiction, especially of the scifi/fantasy sort. I like to draw and am working on getting used to my new tablet. I also enjoy writing fiction and have a rather large plot bunny for something novel sized knocking about my head for several years now.

I've been roleplaying since before there was an internet to RP on. I took childhood let's pretend games and twisted them into something strange. It helped having a clan of similarly aged cousins to enact my plans with. Then it became this weird back and forth with a friend during middle school that was part acting, part BSing, with a side of writing and doodles. Then came teh interwebz and IM logs followed by table tops and finally forums! The rest is history, as they say. (Whoever "they" are...)

As far as what to RP, I'm open to anything. I've RPed as all sorts of characters of widely varied ages, species, genres, times, etc. I have to say I'm with Lina on the historical RP though; I too never feel as though I know enough to reliably play in a historical setting and I'm far too much a stickler for world-realism to wing it in an established RL timeline.

Um... I ramble a bit lot... evidently. But I really don't know what else to say so I'll just say... Look forward to RPing with you peoples~! =D

EDIT! I totally forgot to say this! I totally joined because Interrobangs are my FAVORITE PUNCTUATION MARK EVAR which clearly makes this the best RP place on the nets RIGHT!?

--------------------
user posted image
PM E-MAIL
^
Ash
 Posted: Oct 29 2011, 05:40 PM
QUOTE!?

BEAST OF ALL SAINTS!
Group Icon

WELCOME AINE!

One of the first characters I had that I first RP'd with these people with was named Aine, and everyone made fun of it and kept calling her "ayn." =( But it's a beautiful name and I am jealous of it.

I did lots of childhood pretend, except I was usually by myself (D:) and so I had a lot of make believe friends that helped me out.

If we can get Pleti to join, she can talk about animation and all that with you -- she graduated with a major in that... area. Maybe graphic design. IDK but she has a webcomic that's really neat and I love her art. So there. I'm going to show her this post and force her to join so she can be a part of the OOC community at least. >)

I always feel like such a dork in bookstores because I beeline towards the fantasy/sci-fi, and most of my friends read like... well I don't want to call them "adult" books, but that's how I feel about it. REAL LIFE FICTION that talks about FEELINGS and GROWING UP and BEING MATURE and HAVING RESPONSIBILITIES. And the content of my readings is mostly "WIZARDS YAY"

--------------------
^
~*BlackCharity*~
 Posted: Oct 30 2011, 10:30 AM
QUOTE!?

Group Icon

Member No.: 12

hi hi!!

I am known as Saby on most rps I'm on, I am 24(as of Nov/1/2011); married to a wonderful man and working full time as a Registered Massage Therapist in Ontario, Canada...Yes that's right darlings..I AM CANADIAN! woot!

I love rping, reading, making graphics( even though I am still novice-intermediate level) and I really love getting to know my fellow rpers ^-^

If you wanna chat, you can add me (just let me know where you're adding me from XD)

MSN: devilgirl666_87@hotmail.com
AIM: SaguraSasori
YIM: sagurasasori

--------------------
"Treasure The Moments, That Will Change Your Life Forever"
user posted image
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
Charity's Writing~€~Charity's Gallery
PM E-MAIL WWW AOL YIM MSN
^
Ash
 Posted: Oct 30 2011, 10:32 AM
QUOTE!?

BEAST OF ALL SAINTS!
Group Icon

WELCOME, SABY. I am adding you right now. THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO STOP ME.

Incidentally, I'm going to be turning 24 in January!

--------------------
^
Ash
 Posted: Oct 30 2011, 10:36 AM
QUOTE!?

BEAST OF ALL SAINTS!
Group Icon

Actually, I'm on Pidgin, and I don't know if it's letting me add people. Try and add me and see if that'll work? kidophaux@hotmail.com

Stupid Pidgin >(

--------------------
^
Dun
 Posted: Oct 30 2011, 10:46 AM
QUOTE!?

Temptress Dun of the Wildlings
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

Welcome to Dae, Aine, and Saby! I've gone ahead and added you on MSN, Saby-- might try to get ya on my AIM list, too. wink.gif Thanks for takin' an interest in the game, guys. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of awesome you'll contribute.
PM AOL MSN
^
Aine
 Posted: Oct 30 2011, 11:52 AM
QUOTE!?

Group Icon

Member No.: 8

Thanks Ash and Dun! Your welcoming-ness make me feel all warm and fuzzy~
I also realizes that I forgot to put my messangers here. So here they be:
AIM: spitandcoffee
YIM: spitandcoffee@yahoo.com (also works with MSN I thinks)

@Ash~ I'll totally do childhood pretend with you~! ...wait... I'm not a child anymores. >__>

xD I haven't actually taken any animation classes and the last graphic design class I took was in middle school so I don't think Pleti would be very impressed with my (decided lack) of knowledge. ^^; Maybe she could imbue me with knowledge by osmosis though? Also, amazing webcomics are awesome.

And LOL you're not a dork! You're awesome! I totally bee line for the scifi/fantasy section too. Don't you know that WIZARDS YAY can totally be about FEELINGS and GROWING UP and stuff? Some of the best are awesome combinations of WIZARDSYAY and RESPONSIBILITIESOHNO!

--------------------
user posted image
PM E-MAIL
^
FashionistState
 Posted: Oct 30 2011, 01:47 PM
QUOTE!?

Group Icon

Member No.: 13

Hi!

I'm... uh... FashionistState. I'm a home-educated teenager living in the UK, and I've been roleplaying for about 3 years - 2 years in World of Warcraft and chatrooms, one year in social-network-based RP and forums. I love writing in general and hope to be a published science fiction novelist one day, as much as it's not a particularly realistic goal.

I like Psychoville and Psychonauts. A lot. They're my major fandom obsessions. I also like BBC Sherlock, The League of Gentlemen and The Triplets of Belleville. >D And my favourite bands are Angelspit, KMFDM, Gary Numan and Dog Fashion Disco. 8D

My only current 'permanent' character, Gideon Gaines, is pretty much a blank slate! Yay! He's part of an experiment to see how many separate RPs I can get him into so I can see how differently he develops in each one.

Although I may not post in character for a while since I'm doing NaNoWriMo in November, I'll be active from late November onwards, at the latest! Feel free to plan some stuff with me before then.

Also, I don't use any instant messenger services, but you can add me on Steam; my username's fashioniststate. We could play TF2 or Portal 2 co-op sometime!

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS!?Pages: (2) 1 2  REPLY!? NEW TOPIC!? POLL!?

Quick Log In

• S
  • H
  • O
  • W
  •  
  • C
  • B
  • O
  • X
skin by Dun, collapsible c-box code by kismet of RPG-D